We are now coming to the last few weeks of Simon's Pegg’s training cycle for 'Mission: Impossible 6'. I am glad to report that 'Agent Benji Dunn' is in tip-top condition and will be ready for action. In fact, he's in the best shape of his life! You can see a snap-shot of Simon's training schedule for weeks 8-12 in the picture below.
As usual Simon has been dedicated to both his training and nutrition plan. The change in his body composition and fitness level reflect this. What has been really interesting this time is, as well as the training and nutrition methods that worked well for previous film roles, we've added Genetics into the mix!
We have tweaked both his training and nutrition plan based on the results of a DNA test.
The results of this test told us about Simon's response to power and endurance training, recovery and gave us detailed information on his micronutrient needs. His recommended 'diet-type' is low-carb as his geno-type suggests. The nutrition plan he is following is based on this but adjusted for his training and goals.
Look out for examples of Simon's training, workouts and results which will be posted soon!
If you would like to learn more about how genetics can help you optimise your training and nutrition or you would like to train like 'Agent Benji' then get in touch.
Be Happy, Be Healthy...
Macro info per serving
Protein - 19g
Carbs - 70.2g
Fat - 13.5g
Energy - 478.3kcal
Shopping & Ingredients List:
900g Sweet Potato, peeled & cut into chunks
200g Fromage Frais
2 tbsp Mixed Dried Herbs
1 Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, peeled & cubed
2 Celery stalks, finely sliced
2 tsp crushed Garlic
1 Red Pepper, deseeded & cubed
250ml Vegetable Stock
400g tin Chopped Tomatoes
400g tin Green Lentils
100g grated Vegetarian Cheese
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 180c normal, 160c fan, gas mark 4, 350f.
2. Boil sweet potatoes for 15 mins until tender enough to mash. Add fromage frais & mixed herbs. And mash until smooth.
3. In large frying pan onion & oil and stir fry until soft, about 4 mins. Add carrot, celery, garlic, pepper, stock, tomatoes. Bring to boil then reduce heat & simmer for 10 mins.
4. Drain lentils & wash. Add to the vegetables & cover. Simmer for 10 mins.
5. Place in large pie dish. Top with sweet potato mash & sprinkle with grated cheese. Cook for 20-25 mins.
Author, Nick Lower
Welcome to my blog!